EDCI 336 is my first experience with any kind of blog, and the setup process had a couple of ups and downs. The process of setting up the blog began with receiving an email from Rich McCue with a link that took me directly to OpenETC with a step-by-step manual of how to set up my blog. This is when I experienced my first down. I found it confusing at first to create my username without the actual website itself at first but once I did this I found the rest of the process surprisingly easy. I went on to set my privacy settings, the name of my webpage and then I had to wait for a confirmation email. Once the confirmation email came in I was able to authenticate my website, which is where the second down showed itself. This problem only existed because of my worry that I did not do something right during the process but I believe that my website was just being generated, and soon after I was able to access my website with no problems. Overall, my experience creating a blog was less of a mess than I anticipated and I am excited to gain a better understanding of how to use it throughout the term.